Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 30: What I Love About Life Right Now

Whew!  We made it through the challenge.  I, unfortunately, did skip 3 days which was unintentional, but this is the most I've blogged consistently and I enjoyed it.  Thanks Katie for setting up everything - especially the link up.

Okay, on to the question.  Well, if you've been following this blog for awhile you probably know that I am not loving life right now.  Dude's death has been the most life altering and tragic event of my entire life.  Getting into law school (Not in yet.  I'll know in August) has been an unnecessary struggle that has brought out determination, persistence, and perseverance in me that I never knew I had.  My parents' health issues have forced me to take control of emergency situations and remain calm and stable.  All of these unfortunate situations have brought out a different part of me.  More strength.  More resilience.  More confidence.  More determination.  More boldness.  More persistence and perseverance.  More love.  More gratitude.  More prayer.  More support from my friends and my family -- even from my prospective law schools.

Life is not the brightest these days.  It's not all that smooth.  But... I am learning about myself.  I am pushing myself beyond my limits.  I am leaning on God.  I am determined not to give up on anything.  And all of those are good things.  Do I love that all of these scary and tragic situations have brought me to this place?  Nope.  But, I am making the most of them and becoming a better me.  That's something to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...