Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 3: Favorite Television Program

Pretty much the only TV I watch these days is reality TV.  I guess I consider it quality programming.  I know it's not, but it's a guilty pleasure that I love to indulg.  It's mindless, it's fun, depending on what show I am watching, it makes me feel better about my own life.  I just get a kick out of it!

My favorite show is "The Voice".  This show is now in season 4.  How did I just discover this gem?  It is a million times better than American Idol and The X Factor.  The quality of talent on the show is extraordinary.  The blind auditions and the steals keep me on the edge of my seat.  I'm always rooting for the judges to turn around and probably (unnecessarily) get just as nervous as the contestants waiting to see if one is going to go in for the steal.  The judges are funny and get along with each other unlike American Idol.  Usher is a bit arrogant sometimes, but man, is he a good coach!!  I am so impressed with how he goes outside the box with the contestants on his team and does what he can to help them become better performers. 

A lot of contestants on American Idol have made it big.  I think it is time for that show to step aside and make room for fame on The Voice.  I'm captivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...