Thirty lessons I've learned in my first 30 years....
1. Believe. In God. In yourself. In others.
2. Develop relationships with people who can give you nothing in return. You will learn a lot from them.
3. Don't live to work. Work to live.
4. You are smart and well educated. Use your brain. Education opens doors.
5. Don't waste opportunities because you're afraid of where they might take you.
6. You can never love a person too much as long as they love you back.
7. There will be people you love or want to be friends with who don't feel the same way for whatever reason. There is a reason even if you don't know what it is. Focus your energy on people who care.
8. Never give up. Ever.
9. There will be hard and dark times in your life. The sorrow makes the joy that much sweeter.
10. A drunk girl is not classy.
11. Diamonds can be worn anytime, anywhere - even in the gym.
12. Say no to drugs - illegal, always; prescription unless absolutely necessary.
13. Coffee is gross but is sometimes your best friend.
14. You should probably try to quit drinking Diet Coke.
15. Be kind and slow to anger. Everyone has something that could bring them to their knees at anytime.
16. Dogs enrich your life in so many ways.
17. Patience may not be your strength but don't use that as an excuse. Be patient with those around you and those you love.
18. Using your credit card for everything allows you to take awesome trips! Rack up those miles!
19. God does answer prayers just not always in the way you expect or want.
20. It is never okay to show your butt crack in public. Ever.
21. Sing, smile, laugh and pray in all circumstances.
22. Always be there for your friends and family even if it seems exhausting and impossible. It will be worth it in the end.
23. Remember the sacrifices your parents have made for you. Be grateful.
24. Do something that scares you. It will either be a growth experience or a good story.
25. Effective communication is one of the most important skills you can learn.
26. Travel. The world does not revolve around you.
27. Just because you don't want to be a stay at home mom doesn't mean you will be a bad mom. Your kids can learn a lot from watching you develop your career as long as you don't put the career in front of your family.
28. Sports make your life a lot of fun! Being a Redskins fan is a lesson in loyalty.
29. Your health is critically important. Go to the doctor and the dentist, even though you hate the dentist. Work out, too!
30. Eat cake for breakfast on your birthday. It's just fun!