- Family trip to Thailand (February 11-25): After traveling 24 hours on an airplane, we arrived in Asia for quite an adventure. All of the colors, sounds, and smells were unbelievable. I have traveled a lot of places and have never been to a place like Thailand before. Riding elephants, playing with tigers, getting custom made clothes at the tailor and feeling like a celebrity, eating Thai food at literally every meal, visiting with my friend, Yada, visiting floating markets and floating down many rivers in wooden boats or bamboo rafts --- certainly a trip of a lifetime!
- Visiting the Beckers (April 30): Spending the whole day with the Beckers in Lawrenceville, NJ before they moved to Washington, CT. I went to lunch with Age and then spent the whole day with William and Marilee at the playground and hanging out with them on campus. At the end of the day, we walked to school to pick up Penny and get hugs just before it was time for me to go home.
- Running outside in the middle of the workday to watch the space shuttle fly by. It was so cool to see the plane flying with the shuttle on it's "back". Unbelievable! (April 17)
- Redskins games especially Monday Night Football. RG3 is UNBELIEVABLE!
- A weekend in NYC with Kathryn. I am so grateful for our friendship. (April 22-24)
- University of Richmond Homecoming 2012. Thank you, Kristen Emerson. (Nov 3)
- Moving back into my condo: Renovating the kitchen and bathroom and getting a new bed were the best decisions I made this year.
- Summer Olympics in London. I am an Olympic junkie. My favorite sports were gymnastics (Go Gabby Douglas) and swimming (supposedly Michael Phelps last Olympics)
- April 3, 2012: My best friend left the world forever. It is still hard to believe and to wrap my mind around. It will probably always seem strange. I will miss you and love you forever, Dude.
- August 14, 2012: My godmother, Linda, went to heaven.
- October 12, 2012: Surgery #17 to remove a screw in my foot. It ended up being easier than expected, though.
- Having to sue LSAC twice
Reasons to celebrate my friends
- Jason and Angela Ritter, May 11, 2012
- Seth Caplan and Melissa Whitlock, September 2, 2012
- Jen and Chris Hansen, December 22, 2012
- Andy and Yada's engagement
- Dr. Alyssa Dunn published a book
- Kathryn and Tyler Grassmeyer are expecting a baby girl in January 2013
- Sean and Amanda Casey are expecting Baby Casey in February 2013
- Jason and Angela Ritter are expecting a baby girl in May 2013.
- Erin and Tom Buller are expecting a baby girl in June 2013. Great news especially after Noah joined Mike in heaven earlier this year.
- You are stronger than you think.
- Your friends truly do love you.
- God is there.
- Never give up no matter how hard it gets.
- Wine is wonderful.
I am definitely ready to say "good riddance" to this unbelievable year. I'm praying that 2013 is full of blessing, hope, and joy.