Monday, December 10, 2012

A Little Christmas Cheer

In honor of my moving back into my condo and my determination to truly celebrate Christmas despite this difficult year, I decided to have a party. It ended up being a more intimate gathering than I anticipated, but it was perfect! I loved being able to spend time with my friends and not feel rushed to try to get around to everyone. I also loved that the food options I chose meant that I could sit on the couch and enjoy the company instead of standing in the kitchen monitoring the oven or the stove. This was purposeful. I'll let the photos (from my phone) do most of the "talking".
 The bar: wine, beer, soda, water, virgin cranberry cocktail and Christmas tea (not pictured)

Good eats: fruit, veggies with spinach and artichoke dip, shrimp, cheese ball and crackers, turkey sandwiches, meatballs, sausage balls, and cookie dough dip with pretzels. I actually made the meatballs, sausage balls and cookie dough dip. Yes, I actually cooked something and it tasted good. The world really might end in a few days! I forgot to take a photo of the cupcakes and cookies. I made the cupcakes too, but they were a bit wimpy! They tasted good, but didn't look that pretty. Next time.
Even better than the food was the company. One fail of the night was that I didn't take pictures of all of the people there, but here are a few. Not pictured are the Caseys and Jessica. I have the best friends in the world. I always knew they were amazing, but the love and support they have given me this past year is indescribable.

 Love those Landers
 Blessed to be able to call people who started out as "Mike's friends" my own now.
 This isn't the best photo, but George makes it adorable. So much fun to see the Guernseys!

 And, finally, my very own Christmas tree! This is my "first" one. My parents bought me a tree two years in a row previously, but then took both of them to use in their house. This one is my very own. I had so much fun decorating it and look forward to increasing my ornament collection over the years.

This little party was a great way to kick off the Christmas season! Thanks to everyone who came to share the love and the joy of the season with me. The only negative: I have a whole bowl of cookie dough dip in my fridge and I live alone. T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...