Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hallelujah

I made it through the test. I survived. It went just as any practice test. This could be concerning because as I mentioned before my processing disability hinders me from completing half the test. So, I bubble and I try my best. That's what I did. That's all I could do. Trying has got to be worth a little something. At least I gave it a shot. If it is in God's plan for me to get into law school, I sure will. If not, I will adjust. I worked hard, I tried, and oddly enough, I have a strange peace about it. I'm not sure if that's me being in total denial or completely relieved that I finally got to put all of that hard work "to the test" no matter the outcome. Regardless, I am done.

Hallelujah!

After the test, I met up with my friend, Charlie, for a singing of Handel's Messiah. I was thrilled when he invited me because I love that piece and had not sung it since college. Well, let's just say, my rustiness definitely showed. Neither one of us had cash so we were not able to purchase a Messiah songbook. That left us to fend for ourselves when it came to audience participation during the chorus. If you are familiar with Handel's Messiah, you know that the "chorus" is not a repeated refrain. It is different after every song. Every time it was "showtime" for us, Charlie and I fumbled through the words. Even when we finally borrowed someone's songbook, we still struggled. It was rather comical really. We got progressively better as the piece started to come to an end. We had that Hallelujah Chorus down, but nobody will be calling us to join The Metropolitan Chorus anytime soon! As Charlie said, "It was a challenge. Good things come from challenges." Again, we did the best we could and had a grand time laughing at ourselves and our singing follies!

Yes, good things do come from challenges. This seems to be the motto for the day. 

However, at the end of the day, I have a wonderful family, faithful friends, and a God who loves me with a plan that is better than I'd ever imagine!

Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...