Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Pants Don't Fit

If you know me, you know how much I like to eat! It's really kind of embarrassing, but Thanksgiving is a holiday made for me. Food, family, football, thankfulness....I'm there! Apparently, I like Thanksgiving so much, I felt it necessary to celebrate it 5 times this year!

It all started out with my prayer group Thanksgiving. The only Thanksgiving I have photos of.
Kathryn always has the best centerpieces! 
We had turkey, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, stuffing, and mashed potato casserole (code for fattening, but Jen made sure to let us know all of the ingredients used were low fat or fat free! Tasted like full fat to me!)
Yes, it was as delicious as it looks.
For dessert, Julia made a pumpkin pecan cake. It was so "light" and yummy!
Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the company, but here we are at my birthday. We missed Ashley because she was on a mission trip in Ethiopia. I am so thankful for all of these ladies.

After prayer group Thanksgiving, the very next day, the cafeteria at work offered Thanksgiving dinner. It wasn't the best, but still good. Then my dad's office had a Thanksgiving potluck. Man, was that delicious! Those people can cook! I wasn't supposed to participate in that one, but Dad knows how much I like to eat, so he snuck me a plate!

By the time, Thursday rolled around, I'd already had three Thanksgiving feasts, but the real deal did not disappoint! Normally, we spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with our friends who are like family, the Collins. Typically, they come to our house for Thanksgiving and we go to Annapolis for Christmas. This year we switched it up and gobbled the feast in Maryland. We had a wonderful time, but like always, there aren't many leftovers, so Mom ordered a Thanksgiving dinner for us to have at home. Last night, I had my fifth and final Thanksgiving of 2012!

I didn't work out all last week thanks to some scheduling conflicts. I am headed to Aruba in April and need to get it in gear now, so I don't have to go crazy to get into shape later. My regular trainer, Jen, will be back this week so I know she will kick my butt!

After five feasts, my pants don't fit, my heart is full, and I am one proud Redskins fan!!




  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...