Sunday, May 22, 2011

A reason to watch "The Bachelorette"

As if I really needed a reason! But this time, I actually KNOW one of the contestants! 
BEN CASTORIANO! He and I were in the class of 2004 at University of Richmond. While Ben and I were not good friends, UR is a small enough school that everyone knows everyone.  He also dated one of my sorority sisters for awhile so I saw him at DG socials quite a bit. I know him to be a really nice guy. Rumor is he gets pretty far with Ashley. I am avoiding Reality Steve because I want to waste 2 hours every Monday night following his journey. "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" and I have this love/hate relationship.  It's difficult for me to understand why anyone would want to be on that show. The blatant competiton for a date/proposal; the challenge to get to know somebody in a matter of weeks who you are theoretically meant to be with forever; the PDA - making out "in front of" millions of Americans! The superficiality of it all is what I hate. Although, it sucks me in. I continue to watch what, in most cases, ends up being a train wreck week after week. This season will be no different. Ben, I'll be rooting for you.

In other reality tv news, here are my picks:

"Celebrity Apprentice"
John Rich
He has been a class act throughout the course of the show and deserves to win!

"Dancing with the Stars"

Hines Ward
Hines has a reputation for playing dirty on the field. On the dance floor, he has a heart of gold and some quick feet. Here's hopin' he takes home that mirror ball trophy!

"American Idol"
Lauren Alaina
At the begining of the show I was not a fan, but as the weeks have gone by, I've enjoyed watching her grow. James was my favorite and I think Scotty will be successful regardless of the outcome. It's time for a girl to win, so let's go Lauren!

And, lastly, on Wednesday, we have to say goodbye to the talk show legend. It's been a good 25 years. Thanks for making me laugh, cry, dance, learn, explore, and, in some cases, appreciate life more. You didn't give me a Harpo Hookup, but it's OK, Oprah. I still enjoyed your show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...