Monday, May 2, 2011

I remember

....that day in September 2001 when the planes hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
....the fear I felt not knowing if my dad was dead or alive because he went back and forth to the Pentagon quite often.
....the gaping hole in the 5 sided building that was draped with an American flag.
....the patriotism and the way Americans came together to support each other in a hurting nation.
....starting my job at the Pentagon and sitting alongside colleagues who had been in the attacks.
....praying at the Pentagon chapel for the fallen colleagues who once served our country at the same agency where I now work.
....sitting on the bleachers outside the Pentagon participating in the September 11th memorial dedication ceremony.
....numerous conversations with one of my bosses who was the only survivor in his office during the September 11th attacks on the Pentagon. He went to the bathroom and was the only one not killed. He helped to rescue the victims.
....the day Saddam Hussein was killed.
....the day Osama bin Laden was dead.

And I will never forget.  

Thank you to all who serve. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...