Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge 2/13/13
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I always go back and forth on giving up something and/or taking on something for Lent. When I was little, my family and I would always give up something. I don't think I am going to do it this year. God and I have had lots of conversations about the transformation occurring in me thanks to grief. I'm going to focus on that this year.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
I don't eat pancakes very often, but when I do, I love mine with chocolate chips....and maybe some whipped cream and a cherry :)....Yeah, maybe I am five years old.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love? "When a man loves a woman" or "At last". I love those two. I can't pick just one!
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
call them, send them cards, spend time with them....I try to stay away from technology with those I really love.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I love red roses. The last time I received those was when Dude sent them to me as a get well gift after my surgery in October 2011. The last time I received flowers was when three of my friends graciously brought me some floral beauties during my surgery in October 2012. I'm hoping October 2013 is surgery free, but I'll take the flowers regardless :)
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I think I have been to all of these, although, I don't recall Hyde Park. So, maybe I should visit that one again. I want to live in the White House one day! Does that count?
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Lately, I've had to keep lots of secrets. Most of them have to do with my friends telling me they are pregnant before they make the news public! I get so excited for them that it is really tough to keep a secret, but I do because that is their news to share, not mine. I have to put a lot of effort into keeping secrets, but I do keep them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am getting so excited for my upcoming mini and week-long vacays!