Monday, February 4, 2013

No cure

There is no cure for your illness.
A whole lot of love and support with medication and counseling would have helped.
You had that. You had an inspiration to show you the truth of the illness and how it is possible to live a normal life.
But you didn't believe it. You couldn't believe it.
I am not sure why.  I'll never know.
Your illness told you that you had to find your own "cure".
So you did.

You are happy and healthy again.  Those of us left behind are sad.

Counseling helps with the anger, blame, confusion, devastation, fear, pain and sadness.
That will dissipate over time.
People who have walked this road before me tell me my feelings are normal and I will feel better.
Time helps.
Prayer helps.
Love and support helps.

But still there is no cure.

No cure for the hole left in my heart.  In the hearts of so many.

I miss you.  I love you.

Always.


If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will - - Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...