Wednesday, May 22, 2013

More Determined Than Ever

I don't get this fired up too often, but boy am I smokin'!  Smokin' angry!! I hate the Law School Admission Council.  Yes, hate is a strong word, but it is exactly the word I want to use.  They make no sense.  First, they deny my request for accommodations.  Then they deny the appeal.  Then they deny the disability attorney's appeal.  Why?  Because my GPA is too high!  Just ignore my physical disability completely!  And, while you're at it, downplay my learning disabilities.  Just focus on my GPA.  Focus on the number that was achieved over the course of four years without time constraints.  Yeah, that's a good idea, LSAC.  I'm not in law school yet, but that seems like a pretty fallacious argument to me.  It has nothing to do with anything.  But, you LSAC, seem to think it is valid. Well, guess what!  It's not.  And, you are violating the American Disabilities Act.  And, Department of Justice is going after you for this.  I applaud them - and am tagged onto the case.

You think you are keeping me out of law school, but you don't know me.  You just make me want to work harder.  You make me want to be there even more than I did before.  You've lit a fire that just may push me into disability law.  I WILL get into law school.  I don't know how.  I don't know when.  But I WILL do it.  And, I will fight for justice.

You can knock me down, but you can't knock me out without one heck of a fight!!  The fat lady may be warming up, but she hasn't sung her song.  She's not going to sing.

This devotional showed up in my email this morning, the morning after the ridiculous news:
You see, it’s when we are taking on the tasks that He has called us to do that others, namely the Enemy, will work against us.  And just when our task is about complete, just when we can see the fruits of our labor at hand, they’ll try to distract us.  They’ll threaten us.  They’ll discredit us.
“I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down.”  (Nehemiah 6:3)

Take that, LSAC!  As a dean of one of the law schools told me today, "Stay mad. It is the most motivating factor right now.  Stay hungry." 

Thanks for the fire, LSAC.  You think you've won.  Sorry, you are wrong.  I may need a miracle.  I may need someone to just "do the right thing".  I may need to win the lottery.  But I will resolve this.  And, in the end....

I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...