Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wanna climb mountains?

The Olympics may be over, but the challenges at the gym continue! Fitness Together (FT), the personal training studio that I belong to, has been having monthly challenges. A few weeks ago, I won the bronze medal in the push-up competition! That's right! Line up to get your tickets to the "gun" show! But, until then, why don't you join me in climbing mountains?

Now, I know what you are thinking. Jess, you hate camping, so why on earth would you be interested in mountain climbing?! And, you have so much going on, how do you think you are going to have time to climb a mountain? And, aren't you having surgery soon? Mountain climbing is not something you should probably be undertaking right now!

I am not talking literal mountain climbing! I could probably only do that in my dreams! The United Cerebral Palsy Association is having a challenge where you "virtually" climb mountains. This is an association that I jump to support since I have CP. UCP is forming teams all over the world for a suggested donation of $25. The way it works is that you wear a pedometer for the month of September. The pedometer tracks all of your movement and UCP has set step limits for mountains all over the world. I don't have many details yet, but my goal is to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro! Hey, it's the closest I'll ever get to doing it for real!

All non-FT members will get one free session for participating. FT is a wonderful personal training studio and my trainer, Jen, is phenomenal!
 There she is when she won "Trainer of the Month" last month! She deserves it every month, if you ask me!

I don't have a picture of me doing push ups, but I do have this one of me slamming ropes.
I'm trading in these ropes for some that will help me "scale those mountains"!

If you are interested in participating, just contact me! You don't have to live around here to participate in the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...