Monday, January 9, 2012

Reflecting on 2011

I wasn't going to write another post on 2011, but I like to have these things documented. I was reading my friend, Alison's blog, and stole these questions from her.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Learned to ski!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any last year. This year I made some and hope to keep them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend, Annie had a baby girl, Addie, who is adorable! My friend, Kerry, gave birth to twins: Jacob and Eleanor. Those two are in heaven protecting their mommy and daddy and giving them strength.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
 
Praise God, no.
5. What countries did you visit? What states did you visit?
I didn't go to any foreign countries in 2011.  I did travel to a lot of states, though. MA, VT, MN, SC, TX
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A long-term committed relationship. Here's to 2012 for that!

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 15: My 29th birthday party
October 14: The day I had my surgery

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to ski. I never thought I'd be able to do it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being content with my current situation and always wishing for things I want, but don't have
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I was pretty sick this past year. I was also really stressed and proved the theory that stress really does make you sick.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to visit my friends. I love traveling!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
This is a weird question. But I will say, I got to spend a LOT of time with Brad and Joseph this past year! That is cause for celebration!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All I will say is that the answer to this question is not one of my friends.

14. Where did most of your money go?
My mortgage and trips to visit my friends.

15. What did you get really excited about?
Booking my family's upcoming trip to Thailand!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
My dad has these two motown mixes. We must have listened to at least one song from the cds everyday on the way to work. My dad taught me to love motown when I was little and it has totally stuck with me. We will probably listen to them everyday in 2012 too. That seems a little excessive, I know....just sayin'
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 
– happier or sadder?I am more hopeful. I am happy about some things. Sad about how 2011 was, but I feel like 2012 is going to be a very happy year for me.
– thinner or fatter? I haven't been on a scale in quite some time. I feel fatter, but my "skinny" clothes fit, so that can't be right. I start back at the gym on Wednesday. WOOHOO.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had spent more time with God and enjoyed it rather than thinking of it as something I should do.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 
Being impatient about God's plan for my life
20. How did you spend Christmas?
 
Christmas Eve, we went to the Maxwell's for their traditional dinner. I look forward to it every year. Before going there, we went to church. On Christmas, we opened our gifts and then went to Annapolis, MD to be with Kim, Roy, and family. It was sweet as well.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
 
I wish.
22. What was your favorite TV program? 
Glee, The Bachelorette, Selling NY and Selling LA, House Hunters -- Wow, that's some quality programming, don't ya think?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
 
My feelings remained the same or I grew to love a few people deeper. But hate, no way.
24. What was the best book you read? 
"A Good and Perfect Gift: Faith, Expectations, and a little girl named Penny" by Amy Julia Becker.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I wouldn't call them the greatest, but I did discover Thompson Square this year and really like them.
26. What did you want and get?
 
A Tim Hightower jersey
27. What did you want and not get?
 
An autographed photo of Art Monk
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Help. You is kind. You is smart. You is important.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
 
My friend, Laura, threw me a wonderful 29th birthday party!
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Patiently waiting on God's plan.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I discovered a few more boutiques and love shopping there instead of traditional/more common store.
32. What kept you sane?
 
Celebrating the successes and exciting events in my friends' lives. This also made me a little crazy because I felt behind, but I really enjoyed planning things that would make them so happy.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kate Middleton. She is so classy and her wedding was beautiful. I read a lot about what it means to be a princess and I am not sure I would want to be her.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Occupy Movement. I just don't get it.
35. Who did you miss?
 
My grandma.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
One of my colleagues, Kim. She is so good to me and makes work more fun.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
God will provide beyond what we think possible. (Stolen from Alison)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Here at your feet I lay my future down
All of my dreams I give to you now
And I find peace, I find peace

Jesus, Jesus, at your feet
Oh, to dwell and never leave
Jesus, Jesus, at your feet
There is nowhere else for me
--From "At Your Feet" by Casting Crowns

(Again, stolen from Alison)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...