Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sweet Tea, Sunshine, Summertime


It's been quite a long time since I have been to South Carolina, but after my most recent visit I can guarantee I will be spending much more time in the beautiful Palmetto state. I boarded a 6am flight and met my mom and our family friend, Paula, down in Myrtle Beach. It was the first time the three of us have spend any significant amount of time together and we had so much fun!
We didn't spend any amount of time at the beach because Paula wanted to show us some other beautiful parts of South Carolina.  Her house is not on the beach, but sits on a beautiful lake. We woke up every morning raring to go on an adventure and then would return home and relax by the pool that looks out at the lake. Our adventures included:
A trip to Georgetown, SC - home of the best sweet tea I've ever tasted

A quick visit to Folly 

And a wonderful day in Charleston where we shopped and ate...
and ate...
and ate some more!

One night, we rolled ourselves to the theatre to see the Legends concert. Legends features celebrity impersonators. Our concert featured Alan Jackson, Madonna, Abba, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson and Elvis. The resemblance to the real life celebrity singers was uncanny in appearance and voice. I am still wondering why anyone would want to make himself look like MJ, but hey, he was good and could even moonwalk! Photography was not allowed so unfortunately, I don't have any photos to show you how closely the imposters resembled the real deal!

These three women packed so much shopping and fun into four days there wasn't really time to lounge at the beach. However, I was not leaving Myrtle Beach without evidence that we were there.

While this was my first time to South Carolina in many years, I know it will be a place that I will frequent in the years to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...