Thursday, April 28, 2011

How to eat a cupcake

Over the past couple of years, Americans have gone crazy for cupcakes!  Truthfully, I have always had a soft spot in my stomach (literally!) heart for those miniature cakes. You'll never catch me complaining that shops filled with that sugary goodness are popping up all over the place and catering to my craving. In fact, my friend, Kathryn, and I have embarked on a mission to find the "best" cupcake.  The two of us have tested out nearly all of the cupcakeries in the Washington DC metropolitan area. We've even taken our challenge to other states countries!

In case you are interested, in my opinion, the very best cupcake you can buy can be found at Cupcakes in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The worst cupcake -- London, England. No surprise there. The Brits aren't known for their food. If you are in the DMV, skip the horrendous line at Georgetown Cupcake - it's not worth the rage - and walk down the street to Baked and Wired. You won't have to wait two hours to indulge, you'll get a bigger cupcake (those suckers are huge), and I promise you will not be disappointed!

As much as I like to consider myself a connoisseur of cupcakes, I never really thought there was more than one way to eat them. You peel the paper off and chow down, right? Oh no no...there is a better way! I learned this at Easter dinner and will no longer eat cupcakes any other way.  Check it out:
A delicious red velvet cupcake (sans wrapper)  

 1. Peel the wrapper off of the cupcake.
2. Break the cupcake in two with your fingers (Or, if you are really proper, use a knife)
3. Place the bottom half of the cupcake on top of the top half of the cupcake.
4. Eat like a sandwich or with a fork...whatever floats your boat!

And, ta da! A new way to eat a cupcake!  It is similar to a whoopie pie.

The best part....frosting with every bite! Brilliantly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...